View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #30
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
So true, XRated example of sway as he didn't have enough tongue weigh as it would take him over GVWR, had he filled or partials fill his TH's FW tank he would have been over GVWR, but likely due to a more correctly loaded TH more stable.
While it is better to tow within GVWR, just because one exceeds it doesn't automatically make one unsafe. Conversely just because one is towing under GVWR doesn't automatically make one "Safe".
And just where do YOU propose that I put the motorcycles, toolbox, my built-in 30 gal. fuel tank, etc to be able to "properly" load my T.H. I'm thinking that none of that stuff is going to fit in the forward bedroom or living room/kitchen area. The available storage space is what it is, and where it's located. And yes, YOU DO propose towing overloaded....if that's what you end up with. Well, I don't follow that line of thinking and will do whatever is in my power to NOT be overloaded in any of the several categories.....GVWR, GCWR, Axle ratings front and rear, hitch ratings, .....NONE of them, not maybe one here or there......NONE OF THEM. And if you are overloaded in any one of them, and say it's OK, then you advocate towing overloaded, it's that simple....whether you admit to it or not.

One thing I agree with you about is that yes, you can be under in all the categories and still not be safe, but is more a function of being an unsafe driver, or simply not have your rig set up properly. But your rig cannot be set up properly if it's OVERLOADED. The very definition of overloaded means that you are not setup properly. And if you have no choices of where to store the things that you take/need, and are limited by the trailer's storage areas of where to put certain things, then you take actions, like I did to correct the situation that you find yourself in.....pretty simple!

And for you to get on here and state that it's "OK" to be overweight, is just wrong, especially for someone that knows better....but won't admit it. You and I obviously have different opinions about right and wrong, legal and illegal, proper loading and improper loading, but I can rest assured that if I ever have an accident with my truck/trailer while towing, the cause will never be that I am overloaded.......and that's something I can be proud of.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote