View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
If you are a Costco member (or maybe a Sams Club member) - check stores. I ALWAYS wander around, you just never know what you'll find.

A bit over a year ago, wandered around a Costco in Kansas City (we live a couple hours away), and went by the generator section. They had a Champion 3100 generator for... $399.95. Having a smart phone is a wonderful thing, that specific model apparently is only at Costcos, but a price from a couple months ago showed the price to be over $800. They had 3, I bought one, when I went through the checkout the lady said it was on clearance. They could tell by the price.

I was stupid - I should have bought all 3...
About 18 or 20 years ago same thing happened to me. We had had bought a new house in a new deployment and was at the end of the electric grid. Every wind storm we would lose power, sometimes for a day or two.

Shopping at Costco found a new 3.4k generator for less than 1/2 of what everyone else wanted. Didn't hesitate to buy it. Found a kit with remote plug inn and 6 circuit isolation breaker for about 66% off at a safety supply warehouse. All in cost me less than the generator alone at "regular" prices. While neighbors were dark and cold we had heat & hot water (gas fired), both refrigerators on line, microwave, sump pumps, and lights.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote