View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
wayfun

Chad & Sourdough, the second unit is controlled by it's own thermostat on the bedroom wall. Without being tied to the ductwork, the bedroom air just blows too hard out of the grill vents and they are directed right on the thermostat. It runs for just a minute or two and then shuts off. It's a very poor design.

I did not have to remove the AC unit to access the ducts. If you remove the inside grill cover and look up into the air box you will see that the sides are made of foil. I just cut holes into the sides to explore and found the duct. I assumed I could always tape them back up if I failed to find the ducts. The ducts were only a couple of inches from the AC wall. See the pictures in the second post of this thread.

We spent 6 weeks in the trailer at our place in Florida in Oct and Nov and the AC worked perfectly. In the evening while watching TV we would just have the bedroom AC on and it provided adequate cooling to the living area while keeping the noise in the other end of the trailer. At night we would switch and turn the living AC on and the bedroom off to keep the noise at the opposite end. On a couple of days it was quite warm during the day and we needed both units on. With both of them running there was no problem keeping comfortable.

Other than the AC problems and poor customer service from Keystone we've been very happy with the trailer.

Good luck.
Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote