View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
Mcamnl

Understanding my tanks

We took delivery of our 339BHS Cougar a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it so far. During our walk through when we picked it up it was explained that there were Black and Gray tanks towards the front. Towards the middle under the kitchen there is a galley tank that has its gate valve just forward of the wheels. This drains forward to the same outlet the front tanks drain through. Behind the wheels there is another gate valve handle and drain connection. This is for the rear black tank.
Now, knowing that typically the black tank is drained then the gray so the hose can get rinsed out, I asked if the rear black tank is the only thing draining out of the back pipe. The answer was yes. No big deal I guess. Couple buckets of water and that should rinse the hose out.
I had been doing a little research the last couple of days on proper maintenance of the black tanks. I had a question so I thought I would give Keystone customer service a try.
My questions to them were:
Does the black tank rinse connection that is next to my water hookup rinse both tanks?
Does the rear half bath sink drain into the galley tank?
Her answer to the first question was no. The rear black tank should have it's own rinse connection. I don't remember seeing one so I am going to have to look harder.
The answer to the second question seemed odd to me. She explained that both the toilet and the sink drained into the black tank. Is this normal?

2007 F350 SuperDuty 6.0L Diesel DRW
2015 Cougar 339BHS
Mcamnl is offline   Reply With Quote