View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickP53 View Post
Going to pick up our new 29 RLI on Monday.
I’m sure someone is going to ask if I want to buy a cover to protect my investment. I covered my previous TT the 1st year. Second year it stayed where I put it the year before. Cover or no cover? Do they help?
I’m in PA and it will be sitting outdoors in winter. Thanks Dom
First issue, are you physically able to carry the heavy cover up a ladder then wrestle it around the roof while hopscotching all the protrusions while 12-13' off the ground, then do the same to remove.
Second if you have winds in your area that constantly flap the cover it will chaff the corners of the rv & seriously shorten the life of the cover. If you decide late winter to take the rv on a trip will you be able to remove the cover while covered in ice/snow frozen to the roof? Most likely you'll be waiting til spring thaw.
Personally & good coat of wax before storage would be just as beneficial & a lot less work & expense than a cover.
The money better spent would be an rv port to pull it under, preferably with water, sewer & electric also, if it's allowed in your area then it becomes a guest house as well.
At the park we're in there's a Canadian couple that leave their TT on site & covered during the summer. We've been here 5 years & this year before they left they've bought/installed the 3rd cover in that 5 years.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote