View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #29
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
Now you got me wondering... I pulled the HW drain, shut the bypass valves, blew out the lines from the city water line connection, then pumped antifreeze thru the system via the pump to all the faucets, outdoor kitchen and shower... never thought about the black tank flush line.... should I just blow that out or should I add antifreeze to that too? Can I just gravity feed antifreeze into it with short garden hose connection after I blow it out? Never even considered it until now.. the rest of the TT is done with the exception of that line... always something...
The only issue with the b/t flush is the back flow preventer that is usually up under the bathroom sink. If there was water trapped in that and it froze it could crack that plastic fitting. I just blow it out with air.
I don't put any antifreeze in w/h either, just drain and set by pass. I just blow out all the water lines and only put antifreeze in the P-traps. If there is a little water left in a pipe or w/h it won't harm anything. The problem is when a line is "full" of water and it freezes it expands and that's when things break. I have never done anything with the water pump and I'm thinking I have just been lucky. I will now pump a little antifreeze into the pump just to be safe. Also I will cycle the ice maker a couple time with the air connected as I really don't want antifreeze in there.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote