View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Memories here too. Guess about back in 70 - 72 or so I worked in the telco industry and our company had Del Rio. Laughlin had some serious communication issues on base so I was on a task force to go down and improve the situation. Had never been there. It was an active place back then with constant flights and spent months there. Little did I know I would revisit it quite a few times over the next several years.

A memory that is still vibrant with DW and I are the grackle birds; never had seen or heard them. What a noise (very unusual) a bunch of them could make and I actually loved it - they could be deafening in numbers. One morning walked out of the hotel and a tree right in front of my room had hundreds in it and they were singing (squawking) to beat the band. Took the phone out of the room (had a long cord) and turned the receiver to them so she could hear - she was amazed. They had never been in our part of the country and now they are. They're in our pecan trees all the time rattling, squeaking and carrying on. A constant reminder of that time years ago.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote