View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I don't think it looks right either. I'd be visiting a bunch of other dealers that sell Hideouts to verify construction of the sides of the slides.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

I've looked at LOTS of trailers including Hideouts and never saw that phenomenon. I'm sure others have as well and doubt they've seen it either. I could be wrong but don't think so.

Give pics to the dealer and Keystone customer service/owner relations. The dealer will have to be your advocate. Keystone will refer you to a dealer....and then it begins. Do not let either of them "blow you off" with a simple denial. You will pay the price in the long run if you accept it.

As Tbos suggested, I would be at lots of dealerships looking at like trailers (not exact model but Hideouts) to see if they are the same - I would bet not.

As John mentioned, there will probably be issues with your seals. I don't see any way the side seals are going to be flexible enough to form to all of the undulations in the side thus leaving you spots where it isn't sealed over time. Plus, those raised portions can't help to either wear the seals more quickly, or worse, eventually catch them (when they get dirty) and peel under as the slide comes in.

Any way you slice it it doesn't look right to me. You need to start the claim with Keystone now. When it gets to 12 months, unless you are that special one in a million, they will tell you your warranty is expired no matter where you are in the process or when you filed the claim. Good luck and let us know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote