View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #30
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
I cover mine and if you have a lot for parking yours, you can do the same thing.

I already had most of the concrete pad, for our old pop up and it was just under $3K to have the cover built with water and 30 amp service run to it.

-Brian
Brian

Do the building codes in your area require permitting for a structure like that? I've thought about building one similar to yours - until I started checking with the city if it was possible (I'm not one to plow ahead and beg forgiveness later). Unless I erect a pre-designed & approved commercially available structure, I need blueprint drawings certified by a professional structural engineer to submit to the city (and then they have to approve of them). I can see their point; we don't want the structure blowing away in a hurricane - but the hassle and cost of going that route leads me to pursue a commercially available and assembled structure, where the supplying company does all the permitting.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote