View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #29
Shedboy

RV cover on private lot

Have a Springdale in rainy Oregon on a 270 square ft private lot, within 100 ft of a waterway. Local codes don't allow the lot to be used for any permanent structures and require 10' property line setback so did the following:

RV is licensed as a motor vehicle. Wheels remain on at all times. Always has a functional trailer tongue. Porch and support tuff-sheds are detachable, no permanent connection to RV. Canopy and tuff sheds are classified as "temporary structures" in Oregon law.

Did the following - 100# LPG bottles in 2x3 tuffshed next to canopy, & a 2nd 10x10 tuffshed w washer, dryer, outdoor shower and propane generator behind canopy.

Had cover installed w roof sloped to rear, with rain water collection system at rear. Have 100w solar panels on roof.

Biggest issue - the heat escaping from the RV collects on the inside top of the canopy, causing water to condense. Although the cover is tilted to the rear, the water runs down the roof interior until it forms a BIG drop that falls on the roof of the RV. I understand that an undercoat on the roof interior may stop this.

So..... If I were to do it again, I would not pour a concrete pad, the water collects there. Gravel base would be better with concrete pavers. The concrete was the most expensive part followed closely by the shed, total cost $10K.
Shedboy is offline   Reply With Quote