View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:07 AM   #48
sourdough
Site Team

Yes Jim, the thread was sort of sliding off the ramp so to speak.

When I started this thread the first of August last year I had no idea, NONE, this stuff would still be going on at this late date (and who knows how much longer). The lack of a fridge was just mind boggling to us then even after toilet paper had disappeared. But now it seems just willy nilly. What's in short supply in W TX is not the same as what's in FL.

I was told by a business owner that part of the problem was the "supply chain". I get that when it comes to the ships not being processed and those kinds of things. It's harder to rationalize that we can't even get things to move across our country; judging by the numbers of semis on the highways nothing has changed there so can they not be loaded/unloaded?

Washing machine quit about 3 months ago. Looked and looked for one like we wanted and finally found ONE at a Lowe's about 60 miles away. They delivered and it had a small dent in the front when they brought it in. I told them I wanted one that wasn't dented. Well, there are no "others" but you can have a refund I was told. That did not sit with DW so I now have a new Maytag with a little dent in the front that irritates me every time I look at it, but......DW is very happy!

Leave for FL in about 3 weeks so have no idea what we will encounter there. Talking to DD this morning and asked her thoughts - she doesn't know because she has quit going to the store. She fills out her grocery lists online and if they don't have exactly what she ordered they give her something better - she's gotten some pretty good deals like that. Some of the stores deliver to her and some DGDs go and pick up. Maybe that's where I'll have to get one day but don't think any of those kinds of stores deliver 60-70 miles....and I'm pretty picky anyway.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote