View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #69
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by byerskm View Post
So, MIKEC557, I imagine you can see a few similarities. Your posts have been very helpful.

At this point, I am almost finished except for installing the panels on the roof. I can't proceed with that until the mounting brackets from AMSolar deliver late this week. Shipments have been slow to get out of there, due to the fires and how busy they are.

I said almost because there are two items that can be done later. You may see the coiled up romex on the right side of the board. That is for an outlet I will install on the opposite side of the pass-thru, so it is accessible to the area under the awning where we spend a lot of time. Then, there is the remote for the inverter. I already connected it. It is connected with a phone line that is several feet long. For now, I am leaving it in the pass-thru. Later, I will run that wire up to the bedroom and install it on the wall in a convenient location.

I can report that I powered up the inverter and verified it was working properly. It was nice to see a tangible result. Hopefully by this time next week, I'll have my panels installed and everything will be working.

Your install looks great!

Just a thought on the remote button. When I installed an AIMS on our 5th wheel the remote button had a "back end" that was about 1.5 x 1.5 inch that was supposed recessed into the wall. I didn't want to make another custom hole in the wall to flush mount it. Instead, I mounted it into a gray box just like you used for the solar project. I used a multi-tool to cut a square hole in the face of a plastic single gang solid cover. Then I surface mounted the box with a couple screws.

Later, when I sold that RV I was able to keep the AIMS and the remote without leaving a square hole in the paneling.

Hope that makes sense.

Again, great job on your install. It looks great.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote