View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
I wouldn't do that. I'd go to the sales guy. The sales and service portions may be run like separate businesses, but I'd simply let the guy know (the guy that got the commission) that you find the experience unacceptable over a $25 part. Ask him to fix it with the service manager.

Keystone won't (typically) pay for "mobile" techs - my guess is the dealer did that as a courtesy to the customer..

Another suggestion is to tell the dealer to repair it "on your dime" and provide you with a refund after going through the Keystone warranty hoops...

I disagree wholeheartedly. Don't go back to the "sales guy". They are a dime a dozen, change out every month etc. Their ability to "swing weight" within the organization, the service manager or general manager is usually zip. When I was having issues with my last RV and made myself a first name person to the GM......he didn't even know the name of the sales guy....that had been there 3 months.

The opinion I gave originally is the way to proceed IMO. Sales folks have no input or value to the service side unless they want them to. In your case it sounds as if they don't. The service manager oversees what you need done. The GM/owner oversees it all. THEY are who you need to stand face to face with and express your expectations.

I've done this many times in many different situations. You have to address it now, address it correctly to the right person and address it properly. In your case they are standing "bare a$$ed" naked in the wrong; they don't have a leg to stand on and have no recourse other than to say either "yes, we deliver inferior products" or "yes, we don't know what we are doing when we deliver a trailer to a customer" or "yes, we just wanted your money; our customers always take a back seat", either way it's stupid. Take them to task.

I will say again, on a new trailer like yours there won't be any "hoops" to go through so to speak. This issue is 100% on the dealership, again IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote