Thread: Weight insight
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #58
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
So what will the DOT go by, one year of F150 had like 15 different GVWR, each increase about 50#. So the weigh master is going to get out of the station and look at the door tag?
Then will they look at it like OTR? front axle + rear axle equals GVWR.

In addition he GCWR is based on the HP Torque and axle ratio, and is not listed on the VIN or Payload tag. It can be increased simply by changing the axle gear ratio.

This is a battle that can't be won by anyone espousing just "try to follow the rules". It's like life; you either just follow the rules or always find a way to try to bend them.....I have a family member like that......and I've paid many thousands of dollars trying to just keep them in a "safe" zone.

You can always look for a "crack" that YOU think exists, some "something" that the law didn't understand that you did, some reason the guy with the badge is going to "understand" your rationale for not following the rules; it's all cool until the SHTF.

I've spent many hours and thousands of dollars helping family and friends as they try to "undo" mistakes in judgement, and you know, when I was younger I did the same thing....then I got smart.

What any person does is their decision. In days past I had sway on how that would play out for many people....now, it's just me and DW. What you choose to do, the degree that you choose to comply with established guidelines/laws is your decision. I wish you the very best in what you do.....just don't be breaking the rules and run into me (physically)....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote