View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #48
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I don't know if this high idle thing is a DIY project but I can attest to DIY haircut ineffectiveness. We had barber shops CLOSED here in Texas for a few months before they reopened with stringent health related rules (masks, temp taking, distancing, etc). During the closure, I bought a set of clippers and the missus cut my hair ONCE. It looked self inflicted to the point I was kind of glad we weren't seeing a bunch of folks. Amateurs can't taper hair. I wore a hat when leaving the property.
My son, now pushing 50, still talks about the summer he was 9 and I cut his hair. He wore a hat, a "doo rag" or stayed home for nearly half the summer, afraid that his friends would laugh at him more than his mother did.....

Since that one time attempt, I won't even clip the dog's feet. He can track in mud if DW can't/doesn't make him an appointment at the "dog beauty shop"... I will say that when he comes home from being "groomed" he prances around the house with his "new look" and "clean smell"... That is until the first time I throw a ball into the lake, then he's "himself again", all smelly, wet and tracking mud into the house.... DW, well she just shakes her head and gives me "that look"... It's NEVER the dog's fault.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote