View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeakins View Post
We have a Honda Accord chase vehicle. Our TV is a 2020 long bed dually F350 crew cab. Great TV, lousy Touring vehicle. We travel extensively typically looking for “base camps” as our destination where we can stay a month and tour the area. The Honda is way better suited for touring than is the truck and more economical as well.

We typically don't like to stay less than 2 weeks and prefer a few months ourselves. We tour, look, drive and walk extensively when we are camped as well. I use the truck since I don't have the time or patience to deal with a 2nd vehicle and way too many parks don't have near enough real estate to park all the vehicles and paraphernalia some folks bring - but they just "spread out" anyway.....right next to your table, pushing your sewer hose back under your trailer so they can spread right next to you (5' into your space) and the list goes on (endless seems like).

If you travel extensively looking for base camps I'm hoping that means looking for the ones that will accommodate the vehicles and other gear without pressing into other people's space - a long bed dually CC takes up a lot of space just by itself so most camping spaces in a campground would be hard pressed to still have enough room for yet another vehicle unless some research was done beforehand to find "those" particular places. Good luck in finding them and having fun.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote