Thread: 12 volt Fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #24
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Timely topic...when we were looking at models, I wanted absorption....they require 100ma or so of trickle current for the eyebrow board, they run all season on a 25lb tank and...they just work...forever....as long as you stay level within reason.

But alas, todays new sexy is the 12v residential. Keystone, my brand my model I just got was using the Furian (<---spelled that way cuz of the movie) however you note for 2021 they went to GE.

Dont worry, both are made in china... (sarcasm)

But the GE has a better rep. According to the Camping world dealer, the Furians were failing at a rate they would sum up as 'all of them'. so go GE.

Dont have much experience with it outside of 1 week except to say I wish I didnt have it. we PREFER to boondock. We live right in the middle of boondock central (the ANF) Old coach on 2 G24 batteries - 3 days easy, and that is with watching a fall asleep movie on an inverter.

On a single G24 'free from the dealer' battery which I am sure is not the most long lived, 8 hours tops before a low voltage condition. Im sorry, but that kwh rating over 24 hrs is bogus. its too much current. My salesman told me 'oh it has been tested to last 3 days camping' to which I replied I have a bridge thru my woods for sale and we left it at that. Its a nice fridge (the GE) it seems so dont get me wrong (and it uses R134a if I read it right....wth? lol) but if you are not a park queen, it aint gonna meet the needs of your energy budget. the battery disco switch when parked (if you cannot plug in) is your friend.

go solar? you need at least 200w and a sunny location
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote