View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 05:42 PM   #17
Spaceguy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
I posted this in a GM Truck Forum, but thought I'd repost here since there is probably more of a focus on towing here...

We just bought a Passport 219BHWE as well as a new 2021 5.3 1500 Silverado Z71 that I will use for towing as well as daily driving. GVWR of the trailer is 6400lbs. I have a WDH (RV dealer set it up and so still needs some dialing in) that I will always use for towing.

I also have a set of EZ 990 helper springs from my 2015 Silverado laying in the garage. I know the helper spring is not an alternative to the WDH, but I was thinking of using them in conjunction to take some of the squish/bounce out of the back the truck when towing, and also to reduce the sag by just a little. It's Ok to put on the helper springs as long as I go through the WDH setup again, right? I was researching online last night, and while a lot of people say you shouldn't need helper springs with a properly set up WDH, I also saw that the Max Tow package from GM includes stiffer rear springs, so there must be some advantage there...
I am not sure that you need them on your new truck. On our setup, we have a 2017 Nissan Titan King Cab, and our rig is around 9100 lbs. Although the WDH helps, I wanted even more of a margin on max payload, so, I added the Roadmaster Active Suspension. Man, those things really help! Now with the WDC and the RAS, I have no worries at all. Happy Camping!
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote