Thread: Water Hammer
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #14
JBR160

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
When it hammers does the water flow pulse as well? I have only used my FW tank a couple times but it seems like mine does this as well (hammers) but the water pulses somewhat too.

The way mine is set up is very strange. First, no gravity fill so you have to have pressure to get from the back wall of the trailer where the connection is, up to near the kitchen where the tank is located. Then the water has to flow all the way back from the tank to where the water pump is located, which is also near the back wall of the trailer.

I just figure that there is a kink in the run from the FW tank back to the pump, causing the hammer, but still allowing some flow. But maybe a kink like that wouldn't cause enough to make it hammer and pulse?
Yes, the water pulses as well. The way my rig is set up in that the water pump is located under the kitchen sink just about mid cabin. The water tank is directly below there, maybe just a little forward. There is not a very long way the water needs to go from the tank to the pump. Just a few feet.
The kitchen faucet and bath tub/shower seems to pulse the most. The vanity sink and toilet do it the least. Those two are plumbed in between the other two. Not sure if that means anything or not.
Going to try and find out what pipes are making the most noise and see if I can insulate them be fore I put the accumulator in.
JBR160 is offline   Reply With Quote