Thread: Water Hammer
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #11
JBR160

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If "water hamering" is only present while using the FW pump then the FW pump is obviously the source. The pump will naturally "pulse" as the pressure increases/decreases and thatcan cause the water line to vibrate. If the vibration occurs at the pump a water pump "silencing kit" may help or padding or rerouting the water lines may help.

In my limited experience I've found the accumulator tank the best option. Inside that tank is a bladder that you inflate with air. As water cannot be compressed and air can, it acts as a shock absorber to dampen the fluctuations and deliver an even flow. The other advantage, depending on the size of the accumulator, is in reducing the number of times that the pump cycles on and off. Drawing a glass of water, a quick toilet flush, or rinsing out a tooth brush may not require the pump to run.
I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Checked out the water heater bypass valve and the toilet this morning and everything is normal there. I will be ordering an accumulator and giving that a try. I will post my findings once I get it installed.

The only thing that makes me keep shaking my head, is that this did not happen last year when I installed the new pump! The whole system was very quite. Oh well, I guess you know what happens sometimes!

Thanks again!
JBR160 is offline   Reply With Quote