View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #130
Beast2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishMT View Post
Hi all, New member here. I asked this question on the Jayco forums a while back; I'm shopping a Jayco 242BHS, a Keystone Springdale 240BHS, and a Keystone Hideout 24BHSWE.

I have a 1/2 ton 2016 Toyota Tundra, 5.7L engine, 4.30 gearing.

The payload on my door jamb says 1300 pounds.

Looks like the hitch weight of the Springdale is 690 pounds, and the hideout 720 pounds. (The jayco was 685).

I have E-Rated 10 ply tires.

Do I have enough truck to safely carry my family and our in gear while towing these trailers? I am not worried about the power, more the payload, axle rating, and mostly the handling. I plan to get a good weight distribution hitch - was planning on a blue ox sway pro, and am not opposed to Timbrens or airbags.

I wouldn't have thought too much about this but I had a Hideout I was going to buy and the owner said I needed a 3/4 ton.

Anyways, I appreciate any advice. I just don't want to get into something I am not safe or comfortable driving.

Thanks!
NO - I am a previous tundra owner. I had a 2019 Toyota tundra SR5 roughly 1300 pounds of payload I never felt safe pulling a travel trailer 31 feet long weughubg 7500 pounds. All the extra gear tires weight distribution hitches etc. etc. it’s not gonna turn that tundra into a three-quarter ton truck.
Beast2017 is offline   Reply With Quote