View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:05 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrosecity View Post
Ah so!!!! Crazy that that port is not labeled as such - I suppose the label "Freeze Guard Winterizing System" which is several inches above the stupid warning label and next to the shower knobs is supposed to give that info, but it is clear as mud. Your explanation is great. I have something similar in my Forester motorhome. When I winterized my Avalanche last fall, I used compressed air (which is exactly what the Forester River dealer does here). I have an air fitting which attaches to the city water connection, and a small compressor which blows air out all fixtures. I also do the saniflush line.

Thanks very much for clearing up that mystery!
Reading the bolded part, here's a "possibility" (not a probability) of a "reason for your tank to be filling by a leak through the water pump"...

When you use a compressor to blow out the water lines, it effectively clears most of the water from the "pressurized side of the plumbing system".. That means it pushes water through the hot and cold water lines and out of the faucets and/or the low point drains... Compressed air will not push the water out of the pump head or out of the "inlet line". That residual water in the pump head could have (I won't say it did) frozen in the pump head and damaged the diaphragm/roller assembly or the plastic pump head cavity...

If you didn't disconnect the inlet hose from the fresh water tank and then run the pump "dry", you may have some freeze damage to the pump, which could be the reason for your "leak into the fresh water tank"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote