View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 03:28 AM   #2
Northofu1

The black material ( Darco ) can be purchased from a few sources.
I had the same luck as you when I brought the current trailer home for the first time.
I was a bit luckier and had no full intrusion into the cabin.
I did have to replace insulation and the luan (wood / cardboard like crap) and finally the darco.
I bought the darco/scrim tape combo from amazon. The easiest way I found was to use spray adhesive on the luan and then apply the darco and seal off the seams with scrim tape. Use a hair dryer or heat gun on low and a seam roller to help the adhesive on the tape seal better. That's just gets you back to where the manufacture deemed it usable.
https://www.amazon.ca/Mobile-Flex-Me...JZ4Q261E1W309W

There are other links that other folks have tried to make the wheel well a little stronger using more robust products.

Check the remaining tires for make, date of manufacture, and load rating. I was on the way to get new tires for the rig from the dealer, so they were there waiting for me.I went to a load range e from d, and went with Carlisle radial trail hd. I wanted to lessen the chance of near future blow outs.
There are also posts on using TPMS devices to mitigate full blow out situations.

Good luck friend.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote