View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
NH_Bulldog

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my experience. Got home from picking up our new trailer two weeks ago and noticed the amber light underneath by the dump valves was on all the time, no matter what. I read this post and decided to just pull the bulb for the time being. Finally dug into it today with the help of the uniform wiring code sheet. Pulled the switch panel by the door and found three orange/white wire pairs (exterior light circuits). One for underneath light, one for awning light and one for exterior light by hitch (hot all the time and switched on/off by a switch on the light itself). Found that the light for underneath by the dump valves was tied into the hitch light circuit (always hot), which is why it was always on. A cut here and a splice there and it’s finally all working as it should be now (dump valve courtesy light goes on/off with porch light). I doubt I will ever find it useful but it bothered me not having it working right.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote