View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 AM   #4
zuley

I made up a small watger transfer pump a couple of years back. Previous with our pop ups the water intake housing was low enough it would allow us to pour with a funnel from a 20 litre blue container into the water holding tank. With our new TT the water intake was probably a foot higher making it quite difficult to fill the holding tank. I used a group 27 battery box, a small garden tractor battery and a 12 volt RV water pump. Wired everything up and mounted inside the box with a switch. I added a couple of quick connects to the water pump and when needed I add a length of hose to the intake and discharge side of the pump. When required I stick the intake hose into my blue jug sitting on the ground and the discharge hose into the water intake on the trailer. Hit the switch and open another pop. Takes about three minutes to empty the jug into the trailer.
Two others that we camp with have since made up the same type pumps. They work well. The nice thing is they are compact and everything is contained inside the battery box. Sorry no pictures.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote