View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #1
BadmanRick

Dometic air conditioning problem

I have a 2011 Bullet Premier 19 FBPR. it has a Dometic roof a/c and had a Dometic lcd thermostat.
The ac ran normally until 2016. Then it started to act up. It would cycle from high fan to lo fan all the time on automatic. Which it is supposed to do within the temperature ranges. However at night we would run the a/c on manual low speed. This worked great until 2016 when it started to do the fan cycle bit as if it was on automatic. Same thing running on manual high fan.
January 2018 Dealer Checked the A/c and changed the Thermostat to the new model capacitive touch unit. Took it home worked great when set to Auto and 80 degrees. Went camping and set thermostat to 74 degrees. Seemed to work ok on auto. However when I set it to manual low fan everything changed. Instead of just turning on and off the compressor when the temp was reached the unit shut off. Wound not turn on unless I shut it off at the breaker stitch. Ran the unit on manual high fan and it would go down to 68 degrees and not cycle the compressor on and off. Only on automatic would it shut off and on. THIS IS NOT WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO.
Took it back to Dealer they are giving me a song and dance about too humid in Florida for a/c not cycling properly. This is not acceptable. Any thoughts on what is wrong with my Air conditioning?
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote