View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
bull

We just noticed it this year when I went to get the rv out of storage for our first trip of the year. I had removed what was left of a big round decal around the Sprinter decal on the front and gave it a good coat of wax before winter storage last year. That one decal and some on the one side look like crap despite waxing and using 303 protectant. Everything looked fine under the decal other than it was more white than the rest of front. You can see in the pic below all the fine cracks that appeared over winter this year under where the decal was. If some moisture got in I think that's where it might have been possible.

When you spend over $32,000 I like to think things should last a little longer than 7 years. Out of all of our rv friends I'm the only anal one when it comes to maintenance too. Always washing, waxing, wheel bearings, slide lube, lube for seals, check roof, silicon and etc. Makes me frustrated as I spend all the extra time on maintenance but I have the problems. Maybe too much wax!!!! lol

It's totally repairable we just can't afford to right now on our dime. I had to stop working over 2 yrs ago due to a medical condition and hoping to get back to work soon. I have a call into a 3m vinyl wrap company for cost and if its possible to wrap filon. So we may just get the inside wall tested for moisture and if its good we will just 3m white vinyl wrap the front to stop the moisture from getting in those cracks if the cost isn't too much. Then wait and see if anymore bulges appear and then eventually get it fixed right when we can afford it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030592.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	10822  
bull is offline   Reply With Quote