View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #15
Ken / Claudia

My follow up. If they were in stock last week, I likely would have bought 2 and reported on their use.
I found a matching yamaha EF200isv2 at National Supply for less price then I paid in 2013. Free 2 day air shipped, it was 849.
My 1st 2000 is not called a v2 but they hook up together. I ran the new 1 for an hour with a light load and than hooked it up with the old unit and plugged them into the rv.
Together they ran the microwave and heater. Outside temps at 35f the A/c compressor would not come on. They did run the A/C fan and microwave at the same time.
I cannot say what parts are the same between the costco yamaha and the real yamaha. On youtube reviews it was believed the engines are the same, the control board/electronics are different. On the controls the only item I see different is my Yamahas have a fuel petcock, Costco does not on the control panel. The Yamaha has a 3 year warrenty, unknown about the Costco. I also wondered about the noise increase of 2 running vs 1. I do not hear a increased level. Youtubers said when running 2 together will make a 25% louder than just 1.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote