View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #57
dremcomtru

Trying to Make Something Work for Tow Vehicle

Hi All,

Thank you for your honest feedback...it's what I want to hear and will have Hubby read and look at the technical parts.

I thought I would be hearing yes, yes, yes but I'm happy for your honesty.

I guess with this not so mighty tow vehicle, the best thing would be a tent trailer, or single axle TT....so sad you F150 Minnie Mouse.

In the beginning we intended to live in the TT on property...Mother-in law and her small dog moved in a few months ago...we gave her our master bed/bath and wanted to have our own space but it seems we've adjusted and things are going much better than we thought. Now, there's no need to live in the trailer. I would still like to travel to other states at some point so a nicer trailer would have been great.

Yes, I'm clinging to this tow vehicle and just trying to make it work. We've never camped so hubby decided to buy something smaller and just get out there. If we like camping HOPEFULLY we can afford to make changes later as needed, and if we don't we didn't spend as much, can sell the trailer, and keep the truck that he likes. The alternative is traveling in our Subaru and staying in hotels or vacation rentals/airbnbs. It might even be less expensive in the long run wouldn't allow me to be out in nature the way I'd like.

I agree with renting a trailer to test but hubby, not so much so. Perhaps he'll agree after reading the posts.

This is the closest I could get the TV to the theater seating of all the other floor plans. I'm one eyed so I would prefer it right in front of me. I could see watching dvds while out camping if I can see it without straining my eyes. There were a few floorplans with the TV right in front but didn't have a dinette that hubby wants.

I also agree with the bedroom curtain rather than a wall/door. Hubby gets up earlier than I, and the noise reduction would have been great!

I'm not sure if we'll stick our little chi in the pet kennel, if so, I'll remove the door. About 7lbs, she only needs a tiny bed for sleeping. But it's a nice option just in case I need to crate her for any reason.

The 26RKS, ticked all the boxes and would have been my home away from home, I love that TT and wouldn't foresee a need to ever change...but camping doesn't have to luxurious right?
With something smaller and not as nice, I can still get out there and see the beauty, have a roof over my head, and camp simply and so much better than a tent. I must see my cup half full and not half empty.

I'm bound and determined to get out there to enjoy the beauty but want to tow safely and responsibly. I'll have hubby look at the technical questions asked.
Thank you for your help! I'll report back after we discuss this more.
dremcomtru is offline   Reply With Quote