View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse62 View Post
I decided to check my tires today and found three different tires, in two different sizes. The tires on the trailer are 205/75/R14, one Karrier, and one Power King, The spare is a 205/75D15 ARIS. Two rims have triangle designs and one has circles. They all look in good condition but I don't like the mismatch issue. I bought the 2017 used last year. What tires does the LHS177 come with from the factory and what is the best tire upgrade.
The first thing you should do is verify the designated size tires that came on the trailer as original equipment. You can find that information on the vehicle certification label. It's located on the left external section of the trailer forward of the axel.

Under the new RV trailer industry standard, none of the ST205/75R14 tires provide the necessary load capacity to satisfy the standard of 10% in load capacity reserves for your GAWR (4000#).

You should contact Keystone and inform them you want to abide the RVIA 10% reserve load capacity and need their recommendation for wheels/tires on your trailer. Your 4000# axle requires tires with at least 2200# of load capacity, each tire.

The regulations for spare tires are different as it's intended usage is as a spare. Its only requirement is to provide a load capacity equal to the OE tires. Spare tire information is also found on the certification label. I've seen bias ply spare tires on other manufacturer's trailers but not on Keystone.

Tires on an axle must be of the same designated size and design. The brand name does not matter.

For the best results with your replacement tires, the ST225/75R15 LRD would be my recommendation. They should work because the spare is 15". Ask Keystone.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote