View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Lynnberry,

First, welcome to the forum. I hope you learn enough from the posts and threads here to better navigate the Keystone warranty process.

That said, I'd suspect that the root of all your "Keystone problems" is either the dealership where you've chosen to have warranty work completed or the reporting process they are using to document the problem and its cause.

By "dealership where you've chosen" I mean that some dealerships work to repair warranty items, some "half-heartedly" report the cause with the hopes that Keystone will refuse to authorize the repair. You see, as an example, Keystone pays $60 an hour for warranty work while the dealership charges $125 an hour to do normal repairs on customer's trailers. It doesn't take much "understanding" to realize that kind of dealership has profit, not customer satisfaction as their primary objective.

By "the reporting process" I mean the "who, what, why, where, when" that must be provided to Keystone BEFORE they will approve any warranty work. If the dealership skips any part of that requirement, the probability that Keystone will disapprove the repair increases dramatically and the dealership then reverts to "charge the customer and make more profit".....

While your problems are, no doubt, irritating to you, it's not the end of the world and if you would take a few moments to read about problems on any competing RV manufacturer's "forum posts" you'd quickly see that EVERY RV manufacturer has the same issues with quality.

Actually, your issue with the radio and with the window bring into focus the fact that neither is a "Keystone product" but are manufactured by an outside source and only installed by Keystone. When you consider that the same radio is an OEM product that's installed in nearly every trailer brand, regardless of whether it's a Keystone or a Forest River product.....

As for windows, there is only one "major RV window manufacturer" and that's the window brand used in virtually every RV manufactured.

Take a few minutes, do some reading on this forum and reflect on what "could have been done better" to improve your warranty repair experience.

Oh, and co-incidentally, while there are some dissatisfied Keystone owners, the vast majority, like every other RV brand, are satisfied and/or very satisfied with their RV, use it regularly and either have minimum or no problems with their purchase. So, your warning to "not buy a Keystone" is falling on the ears of those who likely have already bought and, for the most part, are happy with their purchase.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote