View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKath View Post
Thanks for doing that, it is very helpful. I am trying to remember how noisy mine is by comparison. I know for sure I have similar noise when slides going in and out. I personally never gave it much thought. I have also sprayed down rubber gaskets and slide mechanism with silicone spray. When run my slides in( in about a month) I will take better note of how they sound and post back how it compares.

I personally have no clue as what causes this noise, but it reminds of a stone dragging. Perhaps a pebble or 2 caught under slide floor? Any sign of damage to kitchen floor?
That was my first thought that something was caught under the slide. But there are no marks or scratches on the kitchen floor. The other slides have some noise, but nothing compared to the kitchen slide. The first time I took it back to the dealer they checked and cleaned everything and no noise. I am careful to level the rig properly so that is not a problem. The noise seems to come from the right side of the slide from the inside of the rig. I returned the Alpine back to the dealer Saturday, so I will be checking back tomorrow and show them the video.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote