View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #18
Pmedic4

All Trade-ins are not created equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
When purchasing anything with a trade in remember, retail and wholesale prices. Normal dealers will want to sell retail and give wholesale for a trade in. Wholesale dealers will give wholesale prices for trade in. Either way I want to deal on equal terms. Retail v retail or wholesale v wholesale.
I can provide a good example of this. When we bought our Cougar from a local dealer, we checked around from other dealers. Found one that was about $4000 less on the RV, but the trade in was about $3500 less than the local dealer - so we could have saved $500, which didn't included driving about 400 miles different to get it. Then my concern with local service/

Interesting comment by that wholesale dealer - we were trading in a Sunset Trails Reserve RV, which is built by Crossroads RV, which is owned by THOR industries. It was a nice model, lots of features and options. His comment was very critical of Crossroads, and THOR for making 'poor quality' RVs. As you can tell, we bought a Cougar, which is built by Keystone, and yeah, owned by THOR. I didn't see a difference, and 90% of the components are the same.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote