View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On my Cougar and on a number of other models that members have reported, the wireless remote control operates a "brain" that is located in the forward compartment. This "brain" contains relays and other switching devices to operate various functions. It is wired directly to the battery and bypasses the wiring for the manual switches to those functions so any fuses or breakers for that wiring is not a part of the wireless system.

On mine, the wireless remote operates both slides, the front gear, the awning and the front lights.
Okay so its an actual hand held remote. Have not seen any on Raptors? My question using the same terminology was if brain function lines were fused feeding the different functions? Your discription did not mention any. Unless I am reading this incorrectly the brain wiring to the function bypasses it fuse? So I was asking where is fuses for brain function lines? Not doubting you but would have expected that the function protection (fuse/breaker) would be the same if powered via a manual switch or by the brain?

Then again either your explanation or my expectation would not explain "if turned off by remote can not be controlled by manual switch?

Is there any brain docs on line?

Thanks.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote