View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I can't believe there calling for snow today and tonight there calling for the temp to get down to around 27f for several hours untill the sun warms it up tomorrow to the mid 50s. Will that temp be enought to freeze the pipes and burst them? I've always heard that it takes a hard freeze were it's below freezing and lasts for a day at that temp. Just worried that when I go up to the trailer latter this week I'll find a mess
There's no exact science to this. There are too many variables. It really depends on how fast the temp drops, and then how long it stays down there.

I usually recommend to folks that de-winterize early and then camp in spring and fall when the weather could be an issue that they consider blowing out the lines when not using the trailer. The adapter to do this is only a couple of dollars, and most small any compressor has enough oomph to push the water out.

Particular areas of concern are the toilet valve (tiny plastic parts in a tiny space), the pump itself, and any piping that is not either PEX or the braided flex hosing. If you drain all the holding tanks, you should be OK there.

Best of luck with this.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote