View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #53
Laredo Tugger

tomkat2.
First answer to your first question. Yes, my Tradesman provides a confident and comfortable pull for my trailer. I feel fortunate to have found a large enough fifth wheel that myself and DW are comfortable in and still be able to tow it under the max weights (with my TV). Looking at other trailers mine does not have the CCC of others, but I do not "full time" and have loaded the trailer with most everything I think we will need and (like you) I am still not at the max cargo weights.
As for the TV, I pretty much circled my wagons around the RAM product and found it a few hours away at a dealership. They said the previous owner wanted a truck with more bells and whistles, a Laramie I guess. Anyway I did not want a dually and when my TV showed it had the Aisin trans, I was sold. I previously pulled my 5er with a F250 gasser. Difference in towing with the RAM was,well let's just say "significantly better". I will add the greatest compliment of all was from the DW while towing home from a cross country trip and climbing a long grade in AZ she said " I'm so glad you got this truck".
That was enough for me.
Your second question, as you stated you usually travel with around 1500 lbs. of cargo, that's less than half of the max for your trailer. If you stay around that weight for cargo in your new trailer you will be fine and your truck will tow the grades and turns with no problem.
Good luck and happy trails.........
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote