View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #48
Spletbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat2 View Post
Looking for owners to share their real world pin weights. I'm considering a 10th Anniversary Montana High Country 294RL. Smaller 5er with 14300GVWR and a factory pin weight of 2300 lbs. I understand the math to determine pin weight with 1500lb gear added (we are not full timers), but the pin weight percentages can vary quite a bit from manufacturer to manufacturer, rig to rig, anywhere from 20-25%. For example, Grand design 5ers tend to run about 22-24% pin weights to GVWR. Some Forest River models run 18 to 20%. It's all quite a spread!
Would love to find a couple owners who have weighed their rigs and determined "real world pin weight" percentages for Montana HC 5ers, and share trailer weights loaded and the resulting pin weights. Thanks in advance! Let's see what happens.
Oh, I will be towing with a 2018 RAM 3500, 6.7 Diesel, Laramie CC, SRW. All the numbers fit fine, except the pin weight vs the available payload. Pretty close on those...Thanks again!
Enjoy! We just bought a 294RL and leave PA on Tue for a 7 week trip! A month in FL and enjoying the trip there and back with several great stops and SPs. So, I don’t know about weights yet but feel good that my F350 Lariat 7.2L gas single wheel full bed will be just fine! Let’s stay in touch...😀
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote