View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Maxxis/Endurance/Carlisle/Sailun

OK, OK...I know this has been beaten to death ad infinitum but maybe a little twist.

I am buying a new HC. It comes equipped with Ranier 235/80 16 LRF. I don't want Raniers or LRF. I am going to have the OEM tires pulled but a thought has been bugging me. I tried upgrading to Maxxis on the current trailer only to find that no one in my part of the country carries them in stock....they are "special order" so went with the Carlisle HD which seemed to be available nearly everywhere.

Going to the larger tire seems the availability of various brands is even more restricted. Looks like 1 dealer in W TX where I go has the Sailun. DT has Carlisle. My question is for those that run that size of tire....what seems more available around the country as you travel? I'm thinking I'll get Sailun but figure that might be a no go in the event of a problem. I'm thinking Carlisle will be more available but in that size maybe not. I'm not a fan of buying "something else" to get by in the event of a failure but can. Just would like to be able to replace what I have with what I have. Any thoughts or experiences?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote