View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

One of my life guidelines is don't depend on anything for anything you could/should do for yourself. If the RV is your home and then you have work commitments that require you to move that home there is no way in this world I would put myself at the mercy of anyone/anything that would deprive me of either my home or my job. Case in point: Hurricane Michael in FL last year. The storm hit Oct. 10, we arrived Nov. 1 - we stay all winter.

Many, many live as you propose; big RV, no TV. When we arrived there were LOTS of trailers sitting around the area that had all the insides pulled out; furniture, flooring, cabinets etc. just sitting outside (homes too). I asked a friend we have there what the deal was; she said that many, many folks live without a TV. When it was decided the storm was going to hit everybody decided they needed to get their RV out but unfortunately there weren't any "commercial" folks to do the job. Those that had friends with adequate trucks and hitches were able to move north, the rest, had to leave the RVs sitting and ride out the 6' surge that came into town.

Just something to think about. RV=TV to me.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote