Thread: Pocket door
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like Cougar finally did it right on the new sliding doors. Ours is not a pocket door but rather is two sliding doors, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. They built a small wall section in the middle of the trailer separating the bath and bedroom. On the front side, they mounted an L track along the top of that wall and attached a door to slide across to the curb side to close off the bedroom. On the bath side, they mounted the L and door to slide to the roadside to close off the bath from the bedroom. Both of these doors, when closed completely separate the bath from the bedroom. The L tracks are simply covered with a 2" piece of molding mounted along the top of the wall section. To access the door slide mechanism is a simple process of removing 3 screws in the molding to expose the entire slide/door assembly.

I'm hoping it doesn't break, but if it does, it looks like it would be easy to get into the "workings" to fix it. I was concerned when we bought this Cougar that I'd be facing the pocket door problems down the line. Hopefully this is a change for the better????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote