View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
FlyingAroundRV

Welcome to the forums, from the Downunder mob.
As for your hitch: We have the Husky Centerline. According to our hitch dealer, the Husky people copied the Equalizer, but made it better. It has two anti-sway bars and ours is rated for 1200 pounds.

However ... You're going to run foul of the weight police here (and I'm one of them) who are going to say that you have too much trailer, or too little truck.
I just looked up the payload figure for the Titan. The gasser has a payload of 1,600 odd pounds. Even at 10% tongue weight, your hitch load is going to be nearly 1,000 pounds when you put your stuff in the trailer. Add an extra 100 pounds for the hitch itself, then put stuff in the back of the truck, fuel, people etc and you're going to be right on the max payload limits. That's without even considering max axle weights for the truck.
With all that, it's no wonder you have a scary rig to tow.
Your trailer's length is 29 feet, empty weight 7,000 and you're pulling it with a 150 size truck. For a comparison, I am pulling a 27 foot trailer empty weight 5,970 with a 250 size truck. I feel that my truck is only adequate for my trailer. My rig tows well and I put a lot of that down to the hitch.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote