View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
LeeMedic

Smile My New Hensley Arrow was Delivered

Received my Hensley Arrow hitch via UPS yesterday afternoon.

Since I live in Florida I knew I needed to get an early start while it was cool, so I kicked it off about 7:45 am. It took me a 3 hours to completely install the Arrow. I took my time reading the instructions. I also preview a video on YouTube on the installation which helped a lot.

Wow what a sweet beast! The shipping weight was 222 lbs. The main hitch weighs 99 lbs.

As you can imagine, it took some help from my loving wife to help lift that guy.

The only specialty tool needed is a torque wrench which I had.

Even the drill bit comes with the package.

Now after the install, I stepped back to check how level the TV and TT were. PERFECT!

I measured the rear frame on the TT, it was 23" from the ground. I measured the front frame of the TT and it also was exactly 23" from the ground. NO SAG in the middle. My Excursion is even sitting level.

I had some sag with my Equal-I-zer. I can hardly wait to get it out on the road to test it.

So far I am please at what I see.

One thing that I found during this installation was the mount for the LP Gas tank has only one (1) bolt holding it in place. The other three were broken off. WOW! I have only owned this Sprinter 2 weeks. Now off to Ace Hardware for some self tapping bolts.

2013 Keystone Montana 3582RL 38'
2006 Ford F350 Dually, 8' bed, Diesel 6.0
Curt 20K Hitch
Retired U.S. Army
LeeMedic is offline   Reply With Quote