View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 09:11 PM   #16
GoingPlaces

Another thing to consider is that not all 120-volt devices are even connected to the inverter. I can only speak for my trailer with the solar package as factory installed. But the inverter only supplies 120-volt power to receptacles in the bedroom on either side of the bed, two (of three) in the kitchen, TV and exterior. I believe those receptacles are all on the same circuit. The microwave, fireplace heater, A/C, bathroom receptacle, recliner functions (heat, massage, and light), and two other receptacles in the kitchen/living area are not connected to or powered by the inverter. The 12-volt systems work the same as units without solar, they draw power from the batteries not the inverter. So, adding a boat load of battery capacity may not accomplish what you are wanting to do or thinking would happen. More/bigger batteries will certainly add life to your 12-volt systems but not necessarily to all of the 120-volt devices. So before you jump in and add costly batteries, I would recommend taking some time understanding how your particular system operates and go from there. Good luck with your new TT!