View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
KeithInUpstateNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattail View Post
Thanks, compeakw. I notice (after almost a year) that you pull your 220RBI with a Chevy Colorado Crew Cab V6 3.6L. I am currently looking at the possibility of trading my Traverse in on a Chevy Colorado equipped as you describe. Have you found the Colorado to be adequate? Any reservations?
I did, I traded the 220RBI for a Prime Time Avenger 21RB last year. Almost identical dry weights of around 4600 pounds, but the Avenger has a heavier hitch weight so I have to be more careful about watching the cargo weight in front of the axles on the trailer. The Colorado tows both of them fine, though I haven't done any towing in the mountains to really test it on any significant grades. It's just me and my dog so not a lot of weight in the cab of the truck, ~220 total.

With a gross vehicle weight rating of 6400 pounds for the 210RUDWE it should be a good match for the 7000 pound towing capacity of the Colorado, leaving you 600 pounds for passengers and cargo in the truck bed even if you max out your trailer capacity. Again just watch how you load it. The Colorado has a max tongue weight of 770 lbs. You're starting with a dry tongue weight of 502, then you have to add 40 pounds of propane and 50-60 pounds per battery, and however many gallons of water are in the fresh water tank times 8 (assuming it is toward the front of the trailer), BEFORE you add any cargo to that pass through storage compartment, or in any of the other storage compartments inside the trailer that are in front of the axle.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote