View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #10
hankaye

Howdy All;

One thing I've noticed when attempting to coil and uncoil my electric umbilical cord is, if one thinks about it, it is like coiling rope, or a hose. By that I mean that if you keep rotating the wire/rope/hose it will coil from the resistance from the sides of the space into which you are coiling it. Same effect as giving the hose a flip & twist while you are coiling it up for storage. We just need to know which direction it wants to coil so ... if you can see into the space you can 'see' which way it wants to go then flip/twist to suit it's direction ... if the wire enters from the near right it will go across the front (side nearest you), then if you twist it to the right it will go back (away from you), to the rear of the compartment keep twisting it and it will continue to coil round and a round. If it comes in near the rear of the compartment it should go to the left, so twist accordingly...
Remember to twist in the opposite direction as you deploy the cord or you will create the same knots you just got rid of. Having a wee bit of a nautical background and having handled cordage for a number of years it sorta gets to be second nature...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote