View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #9
flybynight

Quick update

Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked a little more and the only way I see access it to remove an internal wall behind the generator, underneath the bed. The bed plywood/chipwood appears to be stapled on to the frame, not screwed and with a headboard/shelf glued on top of that. Not very much room, but it looks like a couple hour job at least so I went back a took another go at untangling.

I was able to get the knot close enough to the opening to then use a wooden furring strip (that I cut a wedge onto) and worked it into the knot inside, loosened it up enough to then pull out 3 different sections of the cable through the cowling and then sort things out.

But I'm afraid it's going to happen again, right when I'm trying to set up camp, probably after a long drive and the exact time when I least want any hassles (tired and a little grumpy).

I looked at the Marinco kit. I think I'm going to order one, but I won't be able to reclaim the space currently used due to where it is. I'll just have another cord that I have to store and remember not to lose.

Now onto the next winter mystery (I define a "winter mystery" as something that was perfectly fine before putting away for the winter and is now broke).. That being why the stereo's outside speakers work and the inside speakers no longer have any sound coming out of them. Another adventure, I'm sure.. but one that we can live without for a while, if need be.

And I haven't even dewinterized it yet..

Thanks,
All.
flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote