View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 PM   #6
halfprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
After going through what you are experiencing, I finally cut the cord right at the electrical junction box leading to the converter. I installed a Marinco connection kit at the exterior rear wall. No more tangles or knots.
Access to this box and to the compartment was fairly simple as it was located right behind a removable panel at the end of the RV. Somehow, the cord ended up in knots and I could only pull out 5 ft or so. I swear there was a gremlin inside the compartment who took great delight in tying knots in the cord.

These Marinco "kits" are available at marine and RV retailers as well as Camping World.

Ever since installing this 30A receptacle, my BP has dropped and am far less grumpy.

The compartment you are looking for has to be inside somewhere --- look behind drawers and for a removable cover held in place by 4 screws. Good luck.
This was one of my first mods. Got the Marinco "kit" at Amazon. I have a rear livingroom with two chairs on the back wall. By doing this mod I was able to remove the little cabinet out which gives us a lot more room. One of the better mods I've done.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote