View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Sorry to hear that your Laredo was damaged. Have you had a "heart to heart" with your insurance adjuster? Often times they have "first hand knowledge" from working with dealerships in the recent past. If your adjuster isn't receptive to making suggestions, then here's my thoughts:

I can't say much about any of the "collision repair centers" around your area. I can relate that when the tree fell on our Springdale 3 years ago, Camping World in Houghton Lake did the repairs. Our insurance was Progressive and the two of them worked together to repair the trailer. They pulled the entire roof off the Springdale, rebuilt/repaired everything and installed new OSB, some of the rafters, new A/C ducting, wiring, a new TPO roof membrane and new aluminum moldings.

While I can't compare their work to anyone else, I can say that it looked "as good as new" and there were some "old issues" I had with the factory installation of the sidewall/roof moldings that I hadn't discussed with anyone at CW. Those "ill fitting" moldings were not present when CW completed the repairs, so I'd say they did a better job than the factory, at least in lining up the molding and making sure the corners fit well.

Now, I would remind you that CW in Bellville is an "entirely different animal" from the CW in Houghton Lake. They aren't managed by or staffed by the same people, so I wouldn't expect the same type service based on the name.

If you're unsure of General RV and don't know anyone you trust around Sterling Heights, based on my experience with CW at Houghton Lake, a short trip north to Houghton Lake is what I'd recommend.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote