View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 08:07 AM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The LPG detector is located near the stove or furnace which are the two "main LPG appliances in the trailer. If you think you hear an alarm "in" the power center, chances are it's located "in the immediate vicinity of the power center. Typically, it's mounted on the cabinet wall, just under or beside the range, usually about 6" to 12" above the floor.

It looks like a small "plastic box" screwed to the baseboard of the cabinet.

Once you find it, you can get the model number and look up the owner's manual for that specific LPG detector and follow the instructions in the manual.

It may be white, ivory, brown or black. It'll look something like this photo:
My gas detector was singing after I took my camper off shore power for a couple weeks even though started with a new and fully charged battery. My gas detector IS NOT near the stove but on the side of the refrigerator box about 5-6' away and is mounted floor level. I stopped it from complaining by pulling its fuse in the converter box. Then I ran a long extension cord down to the camper and plugged it in (15A) and the battery charged in a day or so and the alarm stopped. Curiously, i have the battery on a motorcycle float charger and it appears that the float charger couldn't keep up with the draw of the 12V things I could find or disconnect (there couldn't have been many).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote