Thread: TT cover
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #7
crk112

I guess I should have been clearer... this was a 48 hour solution to keep the abundance of water off the roof before it freezes into ice... inside all the cracks and crevices. Water expands when it freezes into ice, turning the tiniest of "nonissue" cracks into a big problem. Up north if you look at the roads, watch how the cracks get bigger and bigger every year... water getting in, freezing, expanding, pushing them out. Do you want that happening to your TT?

Obviously I don't care about water touching the camper. I love being out in the rain with it. But I'll take every precaution I can to avoid ice and snow on it. Ice and snow destroys everything else we leave outside up here, and from what I understand the water seals are critical on these.

The bottom line of my post was "oh rats I got caught with my pants down because I never bought a cover, now I have to resort to a tarp to get me through the next 48 hours, and this year I'm buying a cover so I never have to do it again". DW and I got a kick out of it.
"The Cabin v2" 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Fastway e2 round bar WDH
crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote